* Syrian Rebels Claim to Take Over Chemical Weapons The Supreme Military Council of the Syrian rebels released on a statement on Tuesday which said that the rebel forces took control of an army missile base in Damascus.
* How Iran could get carte blanche in the Middle East - without a nuclear weapon A cyber attack earlier this month highlighted the vulnerability of the Saudi oil industry, on which so much of the world depends.
* Egypt troops step up campaign against Sinai militants Egyptian security forces have killed 11 militants since launching an offensive in the Sinai peninsula earlier this month, the defence ministry has said.
* Gov't Archives Reveal Germans Turned Backs on Munich Victims Germany did not even make a "minimal effort" to save the lives of 11 Israeli athletes massacred by Arab terrorists at the 1972 Olympics in Munich.
* US 'Responds' to Iran with Second Warship in Gulf "When the world calls, we have to respond," U.S. Defense Secretary Leon Panetta told sailors before a second American aircraft carrier headed for the Persian Gulf this week.
* New Site Brings Zionism to the YouTube Generation Many people who love Israel freely use the term "Zionist" to describe themselves. But how many know what Zionism is really all about?
* Turkish military a key player in Western response to Syrian civil war In 2003, Turkey barred US forces from opening a northern front in the war against Iraq in a stunning rebuff to Washington.
* Abbas arrives in Tehran to promote statehood bid Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas arrived in Tehran Wednesday to attend the Non-Aligned Movement conference.
* France opens murder inquiry into Yasser Arafat's death French prosecutors have opened a murder inquiry into the death of the Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat in Paris in 2004.
* Gravity waves spotted from white-dwarf pair Researchers have spotted visible-light evidence for one of astronomy's most elusive targets - gravity waves - in the orbit of a pair of dead stars.