* Proposal: Jews, Muslims to Split Temple Mount Prayer MK Aryeh Eldad (Ichud Leumi) believes he has found a way for Israel to give Jews the freedom to pray at their holiest site.
* Netanyahu and Barak said to be pushing for an Iran strike this fall Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Defense Minister Ehud Barak are both pushing for an Israeli strike on Iran this fall.
* Iran's nuclear program designed to 'finish off' Israel, Hezbollah MP says Hezbollah MP Walid Sakariya told Lebanese television this week that the nuclear weapon Iran is allegedly developing is intended to annihilate Israel.
* IDF plans supply depots protected against missiles The IDF plans to build underground supply depots that will be protected in the event of a major missile bombardment on military bases throughout the country.
* Russian, Iranian advisors spotted in Syria by opposition Syria has been using senior officers from Iran and Russia to help quell the Sunni revolt against President Bashar Assad.
* Egypt tribes back offensive against militants in Sinai In talks with Interior Minister Ahmed Gamal al-Din, they also backed plans to destroy smuggling tunnels into Gaza.
* Pro-Palestinian site publishes what it says are 100 Israeli pilots' names and ID details A pro-Palestinian website has published what it says are the names of and information about 100 Israeli Air Force pilots.
* Pro-Islamist elected to head Libya assembly Libya's newly empowered top legislative body has elected as its president late a veteran opponent of Moamer Kadhafi's ousted regime who is seen as pro-Islamist.
* Baghdad at 1,250: a far cry from past glories Baghdad was once the capital of an empire and the centre of the Islamic world.
* Ministry not interested in religious freedom report The Religious Services Ministry said Thursday that "it was not interested" in responding to the US State Department's report on religious freedom around the world in 2011, which included Israel.