* US deploys F-22s to base near Iran The U.S. military has deployed several F-22s, the nation's most advanced fighter jets, to an allied base less than 200 miles from Iran.
* Muslims revive old pilgrimage route via Jerusalem After decades of shying away from an ancient pilgrimage route, Muslims are visiting Jerusalem to pray at Islam's third-holiest site, the revered Al-Aqsa mosque.
* Syria rebels 'launch sea raid' as Lebanon seizes weapons Syrian rebel gunmen in inflatable dinghies have attacked a military unit on the Mediterranean coast, with deaths on both sides.
* Iraq leaders call for solution to political crisis Leaders from nearly all of Iraq's top political blocs called Saturday for a solution to a crisis pitting the Shiite-led government against Sunnis and Kurds.
* Iranian nukes a key issue among young Americans, poll finds Harvard published a survey this week that shows broad support for stopping Iran from acquiring the bomb.
* Islamic Jihad: Abduct more Israelis Islamic leaders in the Gaza Strip called on Friday to kidnap Israelis and use them as bargaining chips.
* Veteran peacekeeper takes helm of UN Syria mission A veteran Norwegian peacekeeper was heading to Damascus on Saturday to take charge of a UN mission overseeing a troubled truce.
* Libya 'must clarify' status of Kadhafi-era supporters Libya must clarify the rules under which it disqualifies from public office individuals who stood by the regime of former leader Moamer Kadhafi.
* In Egypt president race, Muslim clerics seek voice Egypt's presidential contenders have been going through a new campaign rite of passage.
* Ministers ponder creation of EU super-president Ideas kicking around in a reflection group of select EU foreign ministers include merging the roles of the EU Council and European Commission presidents.