* Panetta: US will not allow Iran to develop nuclear bomb, block Strait of Hormuz US Defense Secretary says Iran laying groundwork for making nuclear weapons, but is not yet building bomb.
* PLO infuriated by preferential treatment Hamas now gets in Arab states Arab League states have been ignoring the Palestine Liberation Organization for the Islamist opposition.
* Mideast governments fail to see scale of change Amnesty International report saying leaders are not recognizing the significance of the Arab Spring.
* Russian naval force arrives at Syria port in show of solidarity Russian visit comes as Arab League scheduled to meet in Cairo to assess the performance of the a widely criticized observer mission.
* Billion Dollar Weapons Sale to Asia Israel Aerospace has won the $1.1 billion prize in competition for supplying weapons systems to an unidentified Asian country.
* Iran Issues New Threat to Close Strait of Hormuz Iran has again threatened to close the Strait of Hormuz, this time using the excuse of a military exercise set for January 27.
* Putin and the Russian Orthodox Church Are Bosom Buddies Those predicting an estrangement between Putin and the Russian Orthodox Church ignore their shared approach.
* Confidence ebbs in Greece's ability to stay in euro Experts in Germany and the Czech Republic are losing faith that Greece will be able to stay in the single currency despite its multi-billion bail-outs.
* Warning: Hizbullah Wants to be your "Friend" Terrorists are hitting the social networks to fight Israel and Western countries, says Haifa University Professor Gabriel Weimann.
* Haniyeh Promises "Difficult Days" for Israel Hamas' Gaza Prime Minister in Tunisia: We will not a cede a single part of Palestine and won't recognize Israel.