* Israel, US to stage major defense drill The IDF is gearing up together with US forces for a major missile defense exercise.
* Red Sea 'virtual fence' to foil Sinai terror A virtual electronic fence in the Red Sea as well as new fortified military positions and a significant increase in the number of IDF units along the border with Egypt are some of the changes that have taken place.
* Israel could take out Iran's nuclear infrastructure 'in two days' Israel could destroy Iran's nuclear infrastructure with three combat air squadrons.
* IMF chief: End of euro unlikely in 2012, but crisis will drag on The euro will not "vanish" this year, but problems within the eurozone will slow down the global economy.
* Nigeria church hit by deadly gun attack in Gombe Gunmen have attacked a church in north-east Nigeria, killing at least six people, the church's pastor says.
* Who are Nigeria's Boko Haram Islamists? Nigeria's militant Islamist group Boko Haram - which has caused havoc in Africa's most populous country through a wave of bombings - is fighting to overthrow the government and create an Islamic state.
* X-37B spaceplane 'spying on China' America's classified X-37B spaceplane is probably spying on China.
* China warns US on Asia military strategy China's state media have warned the US against "flexing its muscles" after Washington unveiled a defence review switching focus to the Asia-Pacific.
* U.S.: Muslim Brotherhood gave assurances on Egypt-Israel peace treaty The Muslim Brotherhood gave the United States assurances regarding the maintaining of Egypt's peace deal with Israel.
* Iran plans new military maneuvers in February Iran's Revolutionary Guards Corps (IRGC) will hold new naval exercises in the Strait of Hormuz in February.