* 'IDF must be vigilant on northern front amid Syria unrest' The situation in Syria is unstable and the IDF needs to keep a watchful eye on daily developments along its northern front.
* US General: We Can Successfully Attack Iran Chairman of the U.S. Joint Chiefs of Staff Martin Dempsey said Tuesday that the United States can successfully attack Iran, if necessary.
* Israel police, Arab youths clash near Jerusalem’s Church of the Holy Sepulchre Arab youths and border police clashed in Jerusalem’s old city, near the Church of the Holy Sepulchre, on Wednesday.
* As Americans leave, Iraq faces domestic crisis In the annals of coalition disputes, Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri Al-Maliki's government is setting new standards.
* Mexico Mayan region launches apocalypse countdown Only 52 weeks and a day are left before Dec. 21, 2012.
* Kim Jong-il death: 'Five million' mourn North Korea leader More than five million North Koreans have so far turned out to pay their respects to late leader Kim Jong-il.
* Egypt elections: Run-off votes held after deadly clashes Nine of Egypt's provinces are voting, mainly facing a choice between Muslim Brotherhood and Salafist candidates.
* North Korea's military to share power with Kim's heir North Korea will shift to collective rule from a strongman dictatorship after last week's death of Kim Jong-il.
* Activists say at least 100 killed in Syrian town Syrian troops assaulting a northwest town with machine gun fire and shelling have killed at least 100 people.
* Doubts increase over usefulness of new fiscal treaty Just a few days into the making of a new intergovernmental treaty on fiscal discipline, serious questions are being raised about whether the slight draft offered to date is either useful or necessary.