* PM to meet Obama amid effort to avert UN 'train wreck' Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu departed early Wednesday morning to do battle against recognition of a Palestinian state at the UN.
* Thousands rally in Ramallah to back Palestinian statehood bid Thousands of Palestinians flocked to Yasser Arafat Square in central Ramallah on Wednesday for a rally in support of the Palestinian bid for full United Nations membership.
* Scientists Discover New Life in the Dead Sea Deep beneath the sea bed of a body of water long believed incapable of sustaining life, scientists have discovered new micro-organisms.
* Explaining as national strategy Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu's critics, and they are legion – both here and abroad – charge he has no strategy.
* Obama, Ergodan seek common ground on Middle East US President Barack Obama and Turkish Prime Minister Tayyip Erdogan sought common ground on counter-terrorism and Middle East policy.
* Somali kids win weapons in Koran contest An Islamist insurgent-run radio station in Somalia says it is awarding guns, bombs and books to three children in a Koran recital contest.
* The euro crisis as the revenge of neofunctionalism The current euro crisis has led to many calls for a European fiscal union.
* IDF Developing Cannon with 25-Mile Range The IDF’s Artillery Corps is considering a new cannon system with the ability to shoot six shells a minute with a range of 25 miles.
* Hamas quietly hoping for failure of UN bid Gaza's Hamas rulers are quietly hoping that the Palestinian bid for UN membership fails.
* Libyan government to be named in days Libya's first formal government since the fall of Moamer Kadhafi will be named within 10 days.