* US Names Gaza's Dughmush Clan as Global Terrorists The U.S. State Department announced Tuesday it has added the Gaza-based Dughmush clan, head of the Army of Islam, to its list of global terrorists.
* Wave of Ramadan suicide strikes kill 100 throughout Iraq After months of preparation, Al Qaida has launched an offensive in Iraq.
* Merkel and Sarkozy plan 'true economic government' Under pressure to restore confidence in the eurozone, the leaders of France and Germany on Tuesday (16 August) outlined plans for further economic integration.
* Mideast Quartet alarmed by Israel settlement plans The UN's Middle East Quartet on Tuesday expressed grave concern over Israel's recent approval of thousands of housing units in east Jerusalem and Ariel.
* Apologize to Turkey? Netanyahu Tells Clinton, 'No Thanks' Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu has turned down U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s requests and will not apologize to Turkey.
* PA Teaches 5-Year-Olds to Die for Allah A Palestinian Authority kindergarten showed off what its young students had learned over the past year by having the five-year-olds act out scenes of terror and death for their families.
* Gaza-Bound Ship Secretly Left Greece, Say Activists A ship intended to try to break Israeli sovereignty over waters at Hamas-controlled Gaza has secretly left Greece.
* Iran's hard-liners seek payback in next election Iran's internal power struggles are shifting into election mode with hard-line political forces banding together to groom candidates for next year's parliamentary elections.
* 'Mossad plotted to harm Egyptian fertility' Israeli citizen Ofir Harrari, recently accused by Egypt of spying for Israel, was allegedly involved in a complicated scheme intended to harm Egyptian reproduction abilities.
* Turkey calls anew for end to Syria operations Turkish Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoglu made a fresh call on Wednesday for Syria to halt military operations in a crackdown on widespread demonstrations.