* Norway police say 85 killed in island youth camp attack At least 85 people died when a gunman opened fire at an island youth camp in Norway, hours after a bombing in the capital Oslo killed seven.
* Archaeologists Discover High Priest's Bell? Archaeologists have discovered a rare gold bell with a small loop at its end.
* Mars rover aims for deep crater Nasa's next Mars rover will be aimed at one of the planet's deepest craters.
* Iran: Nuclear scientist 'shot dead' in Tehran An Iranian nuclear scientist has been shot dead outside his home in Tehran.
* Egypt military leader: We will respect all previously signed agreements The head of Egypt's ruling military council Field Marshal Mohammed Hussein Tantawi said on Saturday that Egypt intends to keep all previously signed agreements.
* Erdogan: 'Unthinkable' for ties to improve before apology Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan on Saturday said it was "unthinkable" for Turkey to repair relations with Israel.
* Israel's special-ops units are the missing element Considering its grave consequences it is surprising that the next war has come and gone without leaving any traces.
* Palestinians 'forced' into UN bid, says Abbas Palestinian president Mahmud Abbas said Saturday the Palestinians' bid to win UN backing for statehood was forced upon them by Israel's refusal to halt settlement building.
* The Tisch: Virtual temples The Temple is part of Jewish collective memory; alas, it is a distant memory.
* Syrian Army said to be defecting by the hundreds to Lebanon, Jordan, Turkey President Bashar Assad is seeking to stop rising defections in the Syrian military.