* 'Iran to convene nuclear conference targeting Israel' Iran will convene a nuclear disarmament conference that will focus on the international community's "policy of overlooking Israel's nuclear programs."
* White House waiting for Netanyahu to accept Obama’s peace talk principles There is a chance to avert the UN General Assembly vote in September on the recognition of the Palestinian state.
* Turkey's parties wind up campaigning on eve of vote Turkish politicians made their last campaign rounds on Saturday on the eve of an election that is expected to see Prime Minister Tayyip Erdogan win.
* Iran defense minister: Aggression against us will be met with 'decisive' response Iran's defense minister warned on Saturday that in the event of aggression from any outside forces.
* Thousands flee Syria for Turkey More than 4,000 Syrians have fled to Turkey to escape a crackdown on protests against President Bashar al-Assad.
* US defence chief: Europe may no longer be worth defending Under pressure to cut its military spending, the US is losing patience with Europe's unwillingness to pay for its own defence.
* Israel seeks Kosovo-type EU split on Palestine The Israeli foreign ministry is targeting Bulgaria, the Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Romania and Slovakia in an attempt to split the EU.
* Police Storm Temple Mount After Stones Thrown Israel Police and Border Guard forces were forced to storm the Temple Mount compound Friday after stones were hurled at the end of afternoon prayers.
* CNN poll shows rise in American sympathy for Israel A new poll conducted by American news network CNN has reported that 67 percent of the American public feel sympathy for Israelis and not Palestinians.
* China ratings house says US defaulting A Chinese ratings house has accused the United States of defaulting on its massive debt.