* 'Syrian residents fight back gov't troops for first time' Syrian residents on Monday fought back for the first time against government troops in a two-month-old uprising against the rule of President Bashar Assad.
* Palestinians prepare for 'Naksa' marches on borders Following the example of this month's Nakba Day marches, Palestinians and their supporters are preparing to launch another multipronged assault on Israel's borders this week.
* Ya'alon: Military strike may be needed to stop Iran nukes Strategic Affairs Minister Moshe Ya'alon called on the world to prevent Iran from obtaining nuclear weapons, by all means necessary.
* Iran cleric: Killing Israeli children OK A senior Iranian cleric, who is known as President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's spiritual mentor, urged followers to continue suicide attacks against Israelis, including children.
* Jerusalem's Reunification: Back in Time to 1967 This Tuesday night and Wednesday will be a special day for lovers of Jerusalem, which celebrates the 44th anniversary of its Six Day War reunification.
* Rising food prices increase squeeze on poor - Oxfam Rising food prices are tightening the squeeze on populations already struggling to buy adequate food, demanding radical reform of the global food system.
* Egypt's Christians Fear Violence as Changes Embolden Islamists The headline screamed from a venerable liberal newspaper: Coptic Christians had abducted a young Muslim and tattooed her with a cross. "Copts kidnap Raghada!"
* Begin Breaks Likud Ranks on INR Radio; Rejects PA State Minister without portfolio Benny Begin (Likud), in an Israel National News Radio interview on Monday, rejected the creation of an Arab state west of the Jordan River.
* Israel prepping to block next Gaza flotilla On the anniversary of its deadly takeover of the aid flotilla to Gaza, in which nine Turkish activists died in a confrontation with navy commandos, Israel is preparing to block the next flotilla as well.
* Fisk: Obama, US have lost all credibility in the Mideast US President Barack Obama has brought the United States to an all time low in the eyes of the Arab world.