* Israel celebrates 63rd Independence Day The State of Israel kicked off its 63rd anniversary celebrations on Monday evening with the traditional torch lighting ceremony on Jerusalem's Mount Herzl.
* IAF, Navy carry out celebratory Independence Day shows The IAF and Navy held celebratory demonstrations in the air and the sea to celebrate 63 years since the State of Israel's establishment.
* Egyptians Plan March to Gaza and Additional Anti-Israel Action Israel celebrates Independence Day according to the Jewish Calendar but for the Arabs the anniversary is 15 May.
* Video: Eyewitness Accounts of 1947 UN Vote for Israel Israel worked to the last minute to win United Nations recognition in the historic vote on November 29, 1947.
* Mashaal gives Israel year to recognize Palestinian state Hamas leader Khaled Mashaal said that he gives the Israeli government a one-year deadline to recognize an independent Palestinian state.
* In key step, Iran nuclear plant goes online at low level Iran's Bushehr nuclear power station has begun operating at a low level in a crucial step towards bringing it online.
* Navy Authorizes Chaplains to Perform Same-Sex 'Marriages' in Naval Chapels Anticipating the elimination of the military ban on homosexuality, the Office of the Chief of Navy Chaplains has decided that same-sex couples in the Navy will be able to get married in Navy chapels.
* Microsoft confirms takeover of Skype The deal will see Microsoft pay $8.5bn (£5.2bn) for Skype, making it Microsoft's largest acquisition.
* Syrian army tanks 'moving towards Hama' Reports from Syria say columns of tanks have moved towards the central city of Hama, which has been the scene of anti-government protests in recent weeks.
* Arab League chief: Hamas not a terror group Arab League Secretary-General and one of Egypt's leading presidential candidates Amr Moussa does not believe Hamas is a terrorist organization.