* Security and Defense: Preparing for war on all fronts The IDF's multi-year plan, unveiled to the press this week, was for the most part a continuation of the last plan.
* Hamas Blames Israel for ISM Activist's Murder in Gaza Islamic organizations and terror groups in Gaza rushed to distance themselves from the murder-kidnapping of Italian ISM activist Vottorio Arrigoni.
* Al-Qaida leader calls on Muslim nations to fight Western coalition in Libya Al-Qaida's deputy leader called on Muslim nations to fight the United States and NATO if their forces enter the country in a video released on Thursday.
* Libya: Obama, Cameron and Sarkozy vow Gaddafi must go The leaders of the US, the UK and France have said in a joint letter that there can be no peace in Libya while Muammar Gaddafi stays in power.
* PM to set out ‘firm principles’ in May speech to Congress Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu acknowledged for the first time on Thursday that he will deliver a speech to a joint session of the US Congress at the end of May.
* BRICS demand global monetary shake-up, greater influence The BRICS group of emerging-market powers kept up the pressure on Thursday for a revamped global monetary system.
* Ten Years Under Rocket Fire On April 16, 2001, Gaza terrorists fired the first rocket at southern Israel, aiming for the town of Sderot.
* Syria: Clashes at mass Damascus protest Tens of thousands of protesters trying to march on the centre of the Syrian capital, Damascus, have been met by security forces firing tear gas.
* Iraq uncovers 'Saddam Hussein-era' grave of 800 bodies Iraqi officials have found a mass grave containing the bodies of more than 800 people thought to have been executed during Saddam Hussein's rule.
* Rehn on eurozone rescue: 'Mission Accomplished' EU economy chief Olli Rehn has declared the eurozone rescue mission accomplished.