* Egypt will maintain its peace treaty with Israel, military says Egypt's ruling military reassured its international allies Saturday that there would be no break in its peace deal with Israel.
* Palestinians announce September elections as top negotiator resigns Palestinians will hold presidential and legislative elections by September.
* Last Pharaoh leaves a mixed legacy Hosni Mubarak's presidency was born amid gunfire and bloodshed, and ended in equally dramatic fashion.
* Ashton endorses army as 'guardians' of Egypt's transition The European Union appears to have endorsed the role of the army as "guardians" of the "transition process".
* Iranian diplomat: Egyptian protesters should beware EU help Iran's ambassador to the EU, Ali Asghar Khaji, has said that Egyptian protesters should be wary of EU and US patronage of the revolution.
* U.S. dispatches military chief to reassure Israel, Jordan after Mubarak's ouster The top United States military officer heads to Jordan and Israel next week for high-level talks.
* Islamists welcome 'day of victory' A senior member of the Muslim Brotherhood, Egypt's biggest opposition group, said Egyptians had achieved the main goal of their popular uprising after President Hosni Mubarak resigned.
* Arab Leaders, Facing Calls for Reform, Consider Next Move Across the Arab world on Friday, thousands of people poured into the streets to celebrate the resignation of President Hosni Mubarak.
* IMF calls for dollar alternative The International Monetary Fund issued a report Thursday on a possible replacement for the dollar as the world's reserve currency.
* China warns Egypt events could alter peace process China's state-controlled media downplayed the news of Egypt's popular uprising that toppled its president.