* Tower of Babel's Ruins Waiting for Archaeologists Archaeologists are hoping to save the ruins of the Biblical era Tower of Babel, located in Iraq.
* A Triage to Save the Ruins of Babylon The damage done to the ruins of ancient Babylon is visible from a small hilltop near the Tower of Babel.
* Iran invites foreign diplomats to nuclear sites Iran has invited foreign diplomats to tour its nuclear facilities, ahead of fresh talks with key world powers over its controversial nuclear program.
* China's strategic game plan in the Persian Gulf Realpolitik is now a more important guide to Chinese political thinking than revolutionary ardor.
* Al Qaida tied to bombing of church in Egypt Al Qaida is believed to have conducted a mass-casualty strike in Egypt.
* UK: Number of Muslim converts doubled in 10 years The number of Britons choosing to become Muslims has nearly doubled in the past decade.
* Egypt's pope: State must address Copts woes In rare criticism, the head of Egypt's Coptic Orthodox Church has called on the government to address Christian grievances about discrimination.
* Guard kills governor of Pakistan's Punjab province The governor of Pakistan's central Punjab province, a senior member of the ruling party, was shot dead by one of his bodyguards in Islamabad on Tuesday.
* Islamists 'build their scapegoat' for church bombing The New Year's Eve suicide bombing at an Egyptian Coptic church that killed 21 people is stoking fears of a new onslaught against Christians by radical Islamists.
* Indirect Talks with Syria to Trade 'Apples for Water' Israel and Syria are involved in indirect talks for a novel proposal to export Israeli apples in return for Syrian water.