* Horses, battles and street theater as Iran marks anniversary of imam's death Iranians took the streets of Noushabad, 233 kilometers south of the capital Tehran, on Friday, to mark the seventh-century death of Imam Hussein, one of Shiite Islam's most beloved saints.
* Israel orders envoys: Take urgent action against Palestinian efforts at UN Palestinians have been pushing for a UN resolution to recognize unilateral declaration of statehood and pressure Israel to freeze settlements; classified cable to diplomats abroad warns such efforts are "not effective or constructive".
* Erdogan: Israel is to blame for failed peace talks Turkish PM also says Israel must "apologize to the Turkish republic" for the "murder" of 9 Turkish citizens on Gaza flotilla raid.
* Public Pressure Works: YouTube Allows PA Watchdog Massive public pressure via ‘Tweets” and e-mails have convinced YouTube to reinstate the Palestinian Authority watchdog site Palestinian Media Watch (PMW), which had been accused by YouTube of spreading incitement.
* 'Tis not the season to be jolly in Iraq Iraqi Christians will not have a "merry little Christmas" as many flee the country out of fear for their safety and lives.
* Ramallah: 10 EU states to upgrade Palestinian missions The Palestinian Authority's chief negotiator, Saeb Erekat, has said that 10 EU member states are ready to upgrade the status of the occupied territories' representative offices in their capitals.
* Iraqi PM Nouri Maliki delays unveiling new government Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri Maliki has not unveiled his new cabinet, which was expected on Monday, amid ongoing disputes among Iraq's rival factions.
* The FCC's Threat to Internet Freedom "Net neutrality" sounds nice, but the Web is working fine now.
* North Korea "will not hit back" over Yeonpyeong drills North Korea says it will not retaliate despite "reckless provocations" from the South, which held live-fire drills on the flashpoint island of Yeonpyeong.
* Space laser spies for woodpeckers US scientists are developing techniques to monitor woodpeckers from space.