* Settler protest: Strike and anti-PM clip The decision to renew the settlement construction freeze in the West Bank has still not been taken officially.
* 'Death to America and Israel' Slogans at Muslim Hajj Pilgrimage Tens of thousands of Muslims chanted "Death to America" and "Death to Israel" at the annual Hajj pilgrimage.
* Analysis: Despite US effort, Syria's role on the rise Washington has increasingly expressed its frustration with Damascus, which it says is stirring up tension through its support of Hizbullah.
* Germany tightens airport security over attacks threat Germany had information on "sustained efforts" by Islamist extremists to carry out attacks.
* Al Qaida operating fleet of 727s to ferry drugs from South America to Africa, Europe The Al Qaida network in North Africa has gained access to Western-origin aircraft.
* Erdogan Leads 'Person of the Year' Poll So far, Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan heads Time Magazine's "2010 Person of the Year Poll".
* Karzai: Increasingly Problematic Ally in Afghanistan Last weekend, when Afghan President Hamid Karzai called for reduced military operations and an outright end to night raids by U.S.-led forces.
* Clinton pushes for New Start nuclear treaty vote "We can and we must go forward," Mrs Clinton said during a trip to Congress.
* Van Rompuy warns EU is in 'survival crisis' EU Council President Herman Van Rompuy has warned that the eurozone and the European Union itself are fighting for their life.
* Group: Israel, Army Radio Won't Air PSA Against Missionaries For years, missionary groups have targeted young Israelis attending music "festivals" and other youth-oriented events, like major concerts.