* Iran urges UN to condemn Israel's 'nuclear weapons' Iranian ambassador to the UN says Israel should stop ignoring international demands that it join non-proliferation treaty.
* Syria spurns U.S. bid to mend ties Syria's president has accused the United States of sowing chaos overseas.
* Kahane supporters: We'll destroy 'Ishmael state' Hundreds of Land of Israel Movement activists and supporters of the radical movement Kach held a memorial service.
* Iran's unlikely understanding with Saudi Arabia "Iran is not the enemy, Israel is the enemy," the head of the Center for Strategic Studies in Saudi Arabia declared.
* IDF Tank Shells Stop Three Gaza Terrorists; One Killed Islamic Jihad said one of their terrorists was killed Wednesday.
* British Chief Rabbi's song gets million hits on YouTube A special video recording of "Oseh Shalom" recorded by cantors was made to celebrate the 60th anniversary of Israel's establishment.
* Bin Laden tape warns French over veil Al-Qaeda leader Osama Bin Laden warned France on Wednesday that its ban on the veil in public places justified violence against its nationals.
* Vatican, Jewish world at odds The Vatican and the Jewish world are at odds over a U.S. bishop's rejection of a biblical rationale for Israel as a Jewish state.
* EU divided over plan for Lisbon Treaty change A new Euro-row is escalating over a Franco-German plan to rewrite part of the EU's Lisbon Treaty.
* How Tariq Aziz's death sentence could drive a wedge into Iraqi politics Iraqis thirsting for vengeance as much as justice welcomed the death sentence Tuesday of one of Saddam Hussein's best-known officials, Tariq Aziz.