* Iran atomic chief: No alternative to resistance in nuclear dispute Iran's atomic chief said the country had no alternative than resisting world powers in the dispute over its nuclear programs.
* UN official: Israel should extend freeze In a briefing to the Security Council at its meeting Tuesday morning on the Middle East, a senior United Nations official called on Israel to continue the partial moratorium on settlement construction.
* Israel's 'Judgment Day' shelters The new railway station being built at the entrance to Jerusalem will turn in times of emergency into an underground bomb shelter.
* Iran's secret pipeline into the U.S. Iran Air 744 is a bimonthly flight that originates in Tehran and flies directly to Caracas with periodic stops in Beirut and Damascus.
* Jerusalem Mufti: Watch Out for Religious War Is a Moslem cleric making one war-provoking statement too many?
* What happens in 50 years when the oil runs out? For some time now, flames can be seen shooting up from one of the drilling sites of Givot Olam Oil Exploration.
* Quartet dispute delays statement on direct talks A statement by the Quartet that was expected to lead to long-awaited direct talks between Israel and the Palestinians has been delayed.
* Rabbis call for fast to mark 5 yrs since disengagement A fast day has been called for Wednesday in commemoration of the synagogues of the Gaza Strip that were destroyed following the disengagement.
* Russian President Hosts Regional Summit Russian President Dmitry Medvedev on Wednesday offered Pakistan support in dealing with catastrophic floods.
* Afghanistan Oil Discovery May Mean New Funds for Al-Qaeda The announcement Sunday by the Afghan government that geologists have discovered a mammoth oil field in northern Afghanistan may also have made the country a richer target for the Al-Qaeda terrorist group.