* Iran is Surrounded by US Troops in 10 Countries Iran literally is surrounded by American troops, notes an oil market analyst, Energy and Capital editor Christian A. DeHaemer.
* Jerusalem master plan: Expansion of Jewish enclaves across the city The Jerusalem District Planning and Building Committee is set to approve a master plan that calls for the expansion of Jewish neighborhoods in East Jerusalem.
* G20 summit agrees on deficit cuts by 2013 Leaders at the G20 summit in Canada have agreed to cut national budget deficits while endeavouring to promote economic growth.
* Turkey bars Israel military flight after Gaza raid Turkey has barred an Israeli military flight from Turkish airspace, in apparent retaliation for Israel's raid on an aid convoy bound for Gaza.
* Wins and losses for EU at G20 A range of compromise agreements enabled leaders to save face as the Group of 20 meeting in Canada drew to a close.
* Iran postpones nuclear talks as 'punishment' for UN sanctions President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad puts negotiations on hold until late August, saying move is 'to teach west a lesson'
* Ashton to take command of US-type situation room You see it in the movies: fighting has broken out somewhere in the former Soviet Union, the US president walks into his situation room, monitors are showing satellite images, security advisors are shouting at each other, the president is given a briefing note and sends an agent to gather intelligence.
* Hezbollah: We don't want dialogue with US Shiite group won't talk to Washington until it changes pro-Israel policy, Nasrallah's deputy says
* Saudi king seeks Obama action on Mideast peace Saudi Arabia's King Abdullah will press U.S. President Barack Obama in Washington this week to take a stronger stance with Israel over stalled peace talks with the Palestinians.
* Peres: Russia is taking Iran seriously President warns of Iranian threat at meeting with Estonian president.