* Hezbollah on high alert ahead of IDF drill Thousands of Hezbollah fighters have been ordered to maintain a heightened state of alert ahead of a large-scale Israel Defense Forces exercise which begins Sunday.
* Facing a Rift, U.S. Spy Chief to Step Down Dennis C. Blair, whose often tumultuous tenure as director of national intelligence was marked by frequent clashes with White House officials.
* PA launches diplomatic intifada A furious Jerusalem on Thursday denounced a declared Palestinian Authority effort to isolate Israel.
* The greatest book, the original version Is there a way to scientifically reconstruct the original biblical text? And if so, what would the halachic ramifications of such an achievement be?
* EP members quit delegation Two more European Parliament members withdrew their participation Thursday in a controversial European Parliament delegation visit to the Middle East.
* EU finance ministers' taskforce meets in Brussels EU finance ministers are meeting in Brussels at the end of a week of instability on the markets and signs of disunity between members.
* Terror Teddy Bear Teaches Martyrdom Hamas continues to educate children to become "martyrs" who die while waging war on Israel.
* What Do They Mean by "East Jerusalem"? Ramat Shlomo, in the news because of Israel's now-suspended plans to expand it, is one of several new neighborhoods in the historic Jewish capital.
* Church warns cell scientists not to play God Catholic Church officials said Friday the recent creation by researchers of the first synthetic cell can be a positive development if correctly used, but warned scientists that only God can create life.
* Scientists Discover a New Type of Supernova Israeli scientists, working with their counterparts in the US, Germany, and elsewhere, have discovered what appears to be a third type of supernova.