* Iran 'to build two new nuclear sites this year' The head of Iran's nuclear programme has said the country will build two new uranium enrichment facilities within the next year.
* UN: Heritage sites on occupied land UN special coordinator for Mideast peace process condemns cabinet decision to declare West Bank Jewish sites national heritage sites.
* Right-wingers raise flag in Jericho Security forces begin evacuating activists from ancient synagogue.
* China taps more Saudi crude than US Saudi Arabia’s oil exports to the US last year sank below 1m barrels a day for the first time in two decades just as China’s purchases climbed above that level, highlighting a shift in the geopolitics of oil from west to east.
* False accusations against Israel On sidelines of EU meeting, FM cites insufficient evidence in Dubai case.
* Riots over Israeli claim to West Bank heritage sites Israeli soldiers have clashed with protesters in the West Bank town of Hebron after two disputed shrines were listed as Israeli heritage sites.
* EU condemns passport use in Dubai killing European Union foreign ministers have "strongly condemned" the use of forged European passports in the assassination of Hamas commander Mahmoud al-Mabhouh.
* Robots and bees to beat the Taliban The homemade IED is the extremists’ deadliest weapon and America is spending billions on trying to combat it. We are granted access to this secret, smart and bizarre world
* Suddenly serious about the atomic ayatollahs The Obama Administration’s Iran policy has spun like a weathervane during the past year.
* Wall from King Solomon Period Revealed in Jerusalem Hebrew University archaeologists have revealed an ancient path in Jerusalem believed to date back to the time of King Solomon, along with structures including a gateway and the foundation of a building.