* US rushes Gulf defense systems Official: Adjustments should be seen as measures designed to avoid aggression.
* US military strategy focuses on fighting multiple wars The US military must shift its focus to fighting a wide range of threats - from cyber attacks to terrorism - the Pentagon's 2010 draft strategy says.
* Israel could lose Turkey's friendship Erdogan slams Netanyahu for “climate of mistrust” that is undermining ties.
* U.S. Arms for Taiwan Send Beijing a Message For the past year, China has adopted an increasingly muscular position toward the United States.
* Abbas: Direct talks possible PA president suggests 3-month J'lem building freeze to get negotiations going.
* Israel reprimands top officers over UN compound strike Israel has revealed it has reprimanded two top army officers for authorising an artillery attack which hit a UN compound in Gaza last year.
* Gaddafi thwarted over African Union presidency Libya's leader Muammar Gaddafi has failed in his bid to stay on as president of the African Union for another year.
* Female suicide bomber kills dozens in Iraq At least 41 people have been killed and 106 injured by a female suicide bomber in north-east Baghdad, an interior ministry spokesman has said.
* IDF to Remove ‘Jesus Gun’ Codes A Michigan company that supplies gun sights to Israel and other companies has agreed to provide a kit to remove the “JN8:12” code, a reference to the New Testament passage of John 8:12 that Jesus is the “light of the world.”
* Berlusconi says wants to see Israel in EU Italian premier visits Israel along with several of his ministers; describes meeting with PM Netanyahu as 'extremely important' to Jerusalem-Rome relations.