* Ahmadinejad: Iran will not fall on its knees before the world Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad expressed continued defiance to the threat of further sanctions on his country.
* Islamic Jihad: Israel provoking us A spokesperson from Al-Quds Brigades warned early Saturday morning that armed Palestinian groups would not hesitate to confront Israel if strikes on the Gaza Strip continue.
* US, Jordan pressure Israel, PA on peace The Obama administration on Friday laid out a bold shift in its Mideast peace strategy, stepping up pressure on Israel and the Palestinians to resume stalled talks.
* Arab World: Battleground Yemen US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton yesterday described the current situation in Yemen as "a threat to regional stability and even to global stability."
* Spain to push for binding EU economic goals Spanish Prime Minister Jose Luis Rodriguez Zapatero has said the EU's new 10-year economic plan, set to be agreed over the coming months, should have binding goals.
* Togo withdraw from Africa Cup of Nations The driver and two non-playing staff have died. Two players were shot and injured in Friday's attack in Cabinda.
* Palestinians downplay Hillary Clinton push for peace Chief Palestinian negotiator Saeb Erekat has played down hopes of a resumption of peace talks with Israel.
* U.S. Has Few Resources to Face Threats in Yemen As the Obama administration confronts the latest terrorism threat in Yemen, its diplomatic and development efforts are being constrained by a shortage of resources.
* King David Era Pottery Shard Supports Biblical Narrative A breakthrough in the research of the Hebrew Scriptures has shed new light on the period in which the Bible books of the Prophets were written.
* Blair to Haaretz: Global terror is one battle, one struggle Without a doubt, it was Iraq that ended his career at 10 Downing Street.