* Iraq oil capacity 'to reach 12m barrels per day' Iraq's oil capacity could reach 12 million barrels per day (bpd) in six years.
* Iran, Syria sign mutual defense pact Iran and Syria signed a defense agreement on Friday, according to an Iranian Press TV report.
* Palestine claims EU backing on East Jerusalem Palestine Prime Minister Salam Fayyad has said that the EU backs the establishment of East Jerusalem as the capital of a future Palestinian state.
* Obama greets world's Jews for Hanukka "Michelle and I send our warmest wishes to all who are celebrating Hanukka around the world," US President Barack Obama said in a holiday greeting issued Friday, addressed to worldwide Jewry.
* Removing Saddam was right, even without WMD - Blair It would have been right to remove Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein even without evidence he had weapons of mass destruction (WMD), Tony Blair has said.
* Copenhagen climate change rally leads to arrests Trouble has broken out as thousands of people marched through Copenhagen demanding action from leaders at UN climate talks there.
* Pro-Kurd party MPs to withdraw from Turkey's parliament The court voted on Friday to ban the Democratic Society Party (DTP) because of alleged links with Kurdish separatist rebels.
* EU urges international action against Iran European Union leaders on Friday urged international action against Iran because of its refusal to cooperate over its nuclear program, as the threat of new sanctions looms.
* Mottaki: Iran agrees to nuclear fuel swap, with conditions Iran is ready to exchange the bulk of its stockpile of enriched uranium for nuclear fuel rods - as proposed by the UN.
* Hundreds of Swiss Muslims protest minaret ban Several hundred Swiss Muslims peacefully protested against their country's minaret ban on Saturday.