* Jews raise millions to be ready for coming of the Messiah Yehuda Glick is a 44-year-old American-born Jew who spends most of every day preparing for the arrival of the Messiah in Jerusalem..
* Obama warns Israel on settlements US President Barack Obama has said Israel's approval of 900 extra housing units at a settlement in East Jerusalem could lead to a "dangerous" situation.
* EU no closer to consensus on names for top jobs One day ahead of an EU summit to agree the names for two new posts designed to make the European Union more coherent on the international stage, the nomination process remains in disarray.
* Obama Winds Up Asia Tour With South Korea Summit U.S. President Barack Obama has arrived in South Korea, where he is expected to show solidarity with the country's president in demanding North Korea move toward ending its nuclear weapons programs.
* Israeli settlement plan denounced The US and UN have criticized Israel's approval of 900 extra housing units at a Jewish settlement in East Jerusalem.
* EU rejects request to recognise independent Palestine The European Union has rejected a request from the Palestinian Authority that it back plans to unilaterally declare the occupied territories an independent state.
* Proof that Fort Hood Shooting was Muslim Terrorism While the U.S. debate continues as to whether Maj. Nidal Hassan's murder of 13 soldiers in Texas this month was a terrorist attack, researcher Barry Rubin says the murderer himself provided the affirmative answer.
* Gaza charity offers $1.4 million for capture of IDF soldiers A Gaza charity linked to the ruling Hamas militant group is offering $1.4 million to anybody who captures an Israeli soldier.
* Russia, EU Meet for Mending Relations Russian and European Union leaders are meeting in Stockholm Wednesday in an effort to mend relations damaged last year by Russia's war with Georgia and a gas cut off.
* Clinton Visits Karzai on Inauguration Eve In what amounted to a stern pep talk by a nervous partner, Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton arrived here on Wednesday to exhort President Hamid Karzai and his government.