* Iran threatens to 'blow up heart' of Israel if attacked Iran would "blow up the heart" of Israel if it was attacked by the Jewish state or the United States.
* Pakistan gunmen 'take hostages' A number of militants who earlier attacked Pakistan's military HQ near Islamabad have taken 10-15 security personnel hostage.
* Iran: Israel's threats inexplicable Iran's ambassador to the UN, Mohammad Khazaee, sent a letter of protest to UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon.
* Mitchell says meeting with Abbas positive US envoy to the Middle East George Mitchell met with Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas in Ramallah on Friday.
* EU Council president must manage national leaders, says Barroso European Commission President Jose Manuel Barroso says a future permanent president of the European Council must be able to stand up to member states that seek to pursue their own interests.
* Polish leader ratifies EU treaty Polish President Lech Kaczynski has signed the European Union's much-delayed Lisbon Treaty.
* Iran dominates Clinton trip to Europe, Russia Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton departed for Europe late Friday on a five day trip.
* Armenia-Turkey agreement delayed A landmark agreement normalising ties between Turkey and Armenia after a century of hostility has been delayed.
* Fresh clashes mar al-Aqsa prayers Clashes have broken out in East Jerusalem amid high tensions after Palestinian groups called for a day of protest over access to al-Aqsa mosque.
* China says time to act on NKorea disarmament talks North Korea appears keen to improve ties with the U.S. and its neighbors in Asia and perhaps rejoin nuclear disarmament talks.