* 'Ahmadinejad is antithesis of moral' A day after Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's anti-Israeli speech at the UN General Assembly, President Shimon Peres said Thursday that the hard-line leader was the antithesis of moral.
* Obama's follow-up acts at U.N. include Gadhafi, Ahmadinejad He read from a small pale-blue copy of the United Nations charter, before tossing it aside and rifling through scrawled notes on yellow notepaper.
* Russia 'rethinks' Iran sanctions The Russian president has signalled that Moscow might be prepared to soften its opposition to further sanctions against Iran over its nuclear plans.
* China speaks out against Iran sanctions ahead of UNSC talks China believes sanctions on Iran "are not the way out," Bloomberg quoted a government spokeswoman as saying in Beijing on Thursday.
* Lesson in the Bible: MK Katz Chides Bibi for Term 'West Bank' National Union Knesset Member Yaakov "Ketzaleh" Katz chided Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu Wednesday for using the term "West Bank" when referring to Judea and Samaria.
* Saudis open hi-tech science oasis A multi-billion dollar university has opened in Saudi Arabia in an attempt to enable the country to compete in science and technology internationally.
* Expert Predicts 'World Relief' If Israel Bombs Iran Nukes The head of Iran's nuclear agency, Ali Akbar Selahi, said Wednesday that Israel lacks the military capability to attack his country's nuclear installations.
* Sustained recovery hangs in the balance for G20 Leaders from the Group of 20 industrialised and developing nations are meeting in the US city of Pittsburgh.
* Obama to push nuclear disarmament US President Barack Obama is to call for an end to nuclear arms and efforts to stop the spread of the technology behind them, at an historic UN session.
* U.N. climate meeting was propaganda: Czech president Czech President Vaclav Klaus sharply criticized a U.N. meeting on climate change on Tuesday at which U.S. President Barack Obama was among the top speakers, describing it as propagandistic and undignified.