* Police break up new Tehran rally Iranian riot police have fired tear gas to break up a new opposition rally in the centre of the capital Tehran, hours after a stern warning to protesters.
* Al Qaeda says would use Pakistani nuclear weapons If it were in a position to do so, Al Qaeda would use Pakistan's nuclear weapons in its fight against the United States.
* Can Third Temple be built without destroying Dome of the Rock? A new Jewish interfaith initiative launched last week argues building the Third Jewish Temple in Jerusalem would not necessitate the destruction of the Dome of the Rock.
* N Korea defends nuclear program North Korea has boasted of being a "proud nuclear power" and warned the US that it will strike back if attacked.
* Fayyad: Palestinian state in 2 years Palestinian PM says Netanyahu's recent policy speech attempt to dodge international agreements, calls for end to settlement building, Gaza blockade.
* Somali President Declares State of Emergency Somalia's president has declared a state of emergency as his government tries to fight off an offensive by militant Islamist groups.
* Iran turmoil likely to benefit Israel Like the collapse of the Soviet Union nearly two decades ago, the outcome of the post-election unrest in Iran could be of major strategic significance for the Middle East and for Israel.
* Sarkozy speaks out against burka French President Nicolas Sarkozy has spoken out strongly against the wearing of the burka by Muslim women in France.
* Iraq hit by fresh wave of attacks At least 21 people have been killed and 75 people wounded in a spate of bomb attacks across Iraq.
* Iran starts airforce manoeuvres in Gulf Iran began three days of airforce exercises in the Gulf and the Sea of Oman to raise operational and support capability.