* Ayatollah demands end to protests Iran's supreme leader has issued a stern warning that protests against the country's disputed presidential election results must end.
* Blair: ME peace possible 'within a year' An Israeli-Palestinian peace agreement could be reached "within the year," but only if all sides agree to peaceful negotiations.
* Pakistani offensive 'nears end' The military offensive against Taliban militants entrenched in north-western Pakistan is nearly over, the defence minister has said.
* EU leaders give 'unanimous' support to Barroso reappointment EU leaders have given unanimous political backing for Jose Manuel Barroso to become president of the European Commission for a second time.
* Go fly a kite! Megiddo fights plan for second int'l airport A battle is raging over the pending construction of a new international airport in Megiddo, in the Jezreel Valley.
* Suleiman's popularity worries Mubarak government Senior representatives of the Egyptian regime are "extremely worried" about the growing popularity of General Intelligence Chief Omar Suleiman and reports that he may succeed President Hosni Mubarak.
* U.S. Military Tracking North Korean Ship Suspected of Proliferating Missiles, Nukes The U.S. military is tracking a flagged North Korean ship suspected of proliferating weapons material in violation of a U.N. Security Council resolution passed last Friday.
* Mubarak: Determine Palestine's borders Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak called Friday to determine the "contiguous" borders of a future Palestinian state as the first priority of getting the Israeli Palestinian peace process back on track.
* Nuclear and Diplomatic Dangers Lead to Western Wall Prayers A mass prayer rally has been called for late Sunday afternoon at the Western Wall in light of the diplomatic and other dangers facing Israel.
* Arab world sees settlement row as test of Obama's credibility The clash on the settlements between the Obama-Clinton administration and the Netanyahu-Lieberman (and Barak) government is not some petty haggling over expanding a kindergarten in Ofra.