* 'Iran deploys missiles in Persian Gulf' Iran's Revolutionary Guard Corps has deployed mobile ground-to-air and ground-to-sea missile batteries in the Strait of Hormuz and other areas in the Persian Gulf.
* King Abdullah of Jordan's ultimatum: peace now or it's war next year America is putting the final touches to a hugely ambitious peace plan for the Middle East.
* UN Security Council committed to 2-state solution The United Nations Security Council unanimously endorsed a statement Monday calling for the establishment of a Palestinian state.
* Japan to sign nuclear supply deal with Russia After two years of negotiations, energy-starved Japan is to sign a nuclear supply deal with Russia.
* Jordan's Abdullah woos Assad in peace push Jordan's King Abdullah II met with Syrian President Bashar Assad in Damascus on Monday in an effort to win support for a new push to reach a comprehensive peace.
* Lisbon Treaty strengthens role of religion says EU Securing a stronger consultative role for European religions in EU policy making is another good reason to support the Lisbon Treaty.
* Swine flu could hit one in three A third of the world's population could be infected with swine flu, expert projections suggest.
* Chief Rabbi to Pope: Tell the world Jews belong in Israel Israel's leading rabbis on Tuesday told Pope Benedict XVI that it was his duty to spread the message that the Jewish people belong in the Land of Israel.
* Pope visits Jerusalem holy sites Pope Benedict XVI is visiting sites in Jerusalem holy to Muslims, Jews and Christians on the second day of his visit to the Holy Land.
* Pakistan raids Taleban stronghold Pakistan's army says it has dropped troops by helicopter to tackle a Taleban stronghold as part of a broadening offensive in the north-west.