* Russia warns against 'adventures' The Russian President Dmitri Medvedev has issued a stern warning to any countries considering what he called "military adventures".
* Obama renews sanctions against Syria The Obama administration said Friday it is renewing economic and diplomatic sanctions on Syria.
* Iran president seeks second term Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has registered to fight for a second term in office in June's presidential vote.
* Pope expresses 'deep respect' for Islam Pope Benedict XVI expressed deep respect for Islam Friday and said he hopes the Catholic Church can play a role in Mideast peace.
* Battle for Jerusalem: PA Leader Prays near Ma'aleh Adumim Palestinian Authority Prime Minister Salam Fayyad appeared at a protest tent near Ma’aleh Adumim on Friday.
* Rabbi Lau: No Need to Flatter the Pope -- or to Rebuff Him Israel's former Chief Rabbi Yisrael Meir Lau explains Pope Benedict XVI's two "mistakes" and how he differs from the last pope.
* Netanyahu: Israel will never withdraw from Golan Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu told a group of Russian-language reporters Thursday that Israel will never withdraw from the Golan Heights.
* Pope warns of misuse of religion Pope Benedict XVI has warned against the misuse of religion for political ends, in a speech to Muslim leaders on the second day of his visit to Jordan.
* Pakistani offensive sparks 'massive displacement' of civilians The United Nations' refugee agency warned Friday of a "massive displacement" of civilians as Pakistan's military broadens its offensive against Taliban militants.
* Obama to reach out to Muslims in Egypt speech US President Barack Obama will deliver a much anticipated speech to the Muslim world in Egypt next month.