* Sudan: No proof IAF attacked convoy The Sudani Foreign Ministry said Friday there was no proof that Israel attacked a Hamas-bound arms convoy in the country two months ago.
* Russian 'Arctic military' plan Russia has announced plans to set up a military force to protect its interests in the Arctic.
* Japan to 'destroy' N Korea rocket Japan says it is deploying missile interceptors to destroy any parts of a North Korean rocket that might fall on its territory.
* Obama: Safety of world at stake in Afghanistan President Obama, saying "the terrorists who planned and supported the 9/11 attacks are in Pakistan and Afghanistan," announced a new strategy Friday to confront the growing threat in the two countries.
* 'Iron Dome' Passes the Test The Defense Ministry reported Thursday that the Iron Dome rocket protection system recently passed a series of tests.
* Erdogan says Turkey ready to resume Israel-Syria mediation Turkey is ready to resume mediation between Israel and Syria, Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan was quoted as saying.
* Iranian leader assures Assad of Muslim victory Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad told his Syrian counterpart, Bashar Assad, on Friday that Israel and the US were "weakening with God's help".
* Olmert: Not much time left for peace To seal an agreement with the Palestinians, future Israeli leaders would have to offer them "more than what Ehud Barak offered at Camp David."
* ANALYSIS / Sudan has become playground for terror groups Did the truck convoy making its way from Port Sudan to Egypt carry weapons from Iran, China or Russia - Sudan's three major arms suppliers?* Is it Time for the IMF to Change? As the only Arab country that is a member of the G-20 and thus invited to next week's summit on the global economy, the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia has a heavy responsibility to speak for those other Arab peoples who are not represented there.