* Work begins for President Obama After a whirlwind of galas surrounding his inauguration, Barack Obama begins his first full day as U.S. president Wednesday with a full plate of reality staring him in the face.
* Arab World Suspicious that Obama is a 'Black Bush' Israel cheered along with tens of millions Americans Tuesday as the United States inaugurated its first-ever black president, Barack Obama.
* Last Israeli troops 'leave Gaza' The Israeli army says it has completed its withdrawal from the Gaza Strip, following a three-week assault against militants from the Hamas group.
* More global job losses, market turmoil The scope of economic challenge facing newly-installed U.S. President Barack Obama widened Wednesday as global stock markets took further heavy hits and thousands more job losses were announced.
* US Mideast comments not likely soon Despite new US President Barack Obama's pledge to delve into the Israeli-Arab conflict "from day one," it is likely the new administration will step gingerly in its public comments.
* Islam film Dutch MP to be charged A Dutch court has ordered prosecutors to put a right-wing politician on trial for making anti-Islamic statements.
* Khatami joins Iranian election campaign Former Iranian president Sayyid Muhammad Khatami has announced his candidacy for the June presidential elections.
* Arab media: A new era has begun A new era for the US and the Muslim world has begun, read the majority of the Arab newspapers the morning after Barack Obama took office.
* Arab leaders fail to agree on Gaza The deeply divided Arab League failed on Tuesday to come up with a plan to reconstruct the devastated Gaza Strip.* Obama tells Abbas he's committed to achieving Mideast peace An aide to Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas said Wednesday that U.S. President Barack Obama has called to express his commitment to achieving peace in the Middle East.