* Scores die in Israeli air strikes Israeli F-16 bombers have launched a series of air strikes against key targets in the Gaza Strip, killing at least 155 people.
* Pakistan moves some troops from western border Pakistan has begun moving some troops away from its western border with Afghanistan, where the United States has pressed it to combat Taliban militants.
* Israel wants to teach Hamas a lesson, but not to reconquer Gaza It took less than a week for Israel's decision makers to change their minds entirely.
* China deploys anti-pirate warships A new era of naval history has been launched with China sending warships outside its territorial waters for the first time in centuries.
* Hamas urges military wing to fire long-range rockets The Hamas movement called on its military wing Saturday to fire long-range rockets at Israeli communities in response to the IDF’s assault on Gaza.
* A hard look at Hamas' capabilities Approximately 15,000 armed Palestinians. That's the size of the military force the Israel Defense Forces will face if a major operation in the Gaza Strip goes forward.
* IDF: Weekend strike in Gaza 'only the beginning' Military's first assault on Hamas infrastructure in Strip ends as next step in op awaits chief of staff's orders.
* Iran preps humanitarian aid ship to Gaza Strip An Iranian freighter carrying tons of humanitarian equipment destined for the Gaza Strip will set sail from the Islamic Republic on Saturday.* Arab world slams Israel for Gaza op The Arab world reacted in shock to the attacks on the Gaza Strip on Saturday with scattered protests around the region and Egypt summoning the Israeli ambassador to express its condemnation of the air strikes.