* Assad wants Syrian access to Kinneret shore Damascus has drafted a document defining the boundaries of the Golan Heights.
* Somali Pirates Seize Four Ships on Day UN Passes Plan Somali pirates seized four ships in the Gulf of Aden off Somalia yesterday.
* UN adopts measure backing Annapolis The UN Security Council adopted a resolution Tuesday backing the bilateral Israeli-Palestinian peace process launched at Annapolis last year.
* Missile and Mortar Attacks on Israel Pass 10,000 Mark Gaza terrorists escalated attacks on the western Negev Tuesday, pushing to 10,046 the number of mortar and rocket attacks the past eight years.
* Rice: Arabs want to meet on Iran nukes Arab nations concerned about Iran's nuclear program want to meet regularly with the six international powers trying to ensure that it remains peaceful.
* Opec agrees record oil output cut The oil producers' cartel Opec has agreed to make a record cut in output, slashing 2.2 million barrels per day (bpd) from its current supply.
* Russia to supply Lebanon with 10 MiG-29 fighter jets Serdyukov told the Rio Novosti agency that Moscow had received a weapons procurement list from the Lebanese armed forces which would be considered in the near future.
* Obama named 'Person of the Year' Time magazine has given its annual Person of the Year award to US President-elect Barack Obama.* Iraqi official says he's quitting over shoe-tosser Iraq's parliament speaker announced his resignation Wednesday after a parliamentary session descended into chaos as lawmakers argued about whether to free a journalist who threw his shoes at President George W. Bush.