* Saudi Interfaith Parley a Front for Global Law against Blasphemy The widely publicized Saudi-backed interfaith meeting held at the United Nations this week was a front to promote a global law against blasphemy.
* Rocket fired from Gaza Strip towards Ashkelon A "code red" warning was sounded in Ashkelon on Thursday evening, in order to warn residents that a rocket had been fired from the Gaza Strip towards the city.
* China startled by force of crisis Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao says the effect of the global financial crisis on China is "worse than expected", according to reports.
* Livni: Lebanon arms smuggling must end The continued weapons smuggling from Syria into Lebanon is a flagrant violation of UN Security Council resolutions.
* Global Threats, Coordinated Responses What happens when you put on the table all the major crises facing the world, identify how they are linked to each other, and attempt to start charting a path towards their resolution?
* Peres lauds Saudi King peace plan Israeli President Shimon Peres has praised the king of Saudi Arabia for his Middle East peace initiative.
* Analysis: Northern Sinai: A desert playground for smugglers, jihadis The 25 Egyptian police officers taken hostage by Beduins in northern Sinai on Tuesday have now been freed.
* Google Earth revives ancient Rome Google has added a new twist to its popular 3D map tool, Google Earth, offering millions of users the chance to visit a virtual ancient Rome.
* Russia considers opening Black Sea Fleet base in Abkhazia Russia is considering opening a base for its Black Sea Fleet in Abkhazia.* Foreign troops 'drawn into Congo' Evidence is increasing that foreign forces are being drawn into the conflict in the east of the Democratic Republic of Congo.