* The global economy is at the point of maximum danger The global currency system is breaking down. No world leader seems able to discern the problem, let alone forge a solution.
* McCain and Obama to Make First Joint Campaign Appearance at Saddleback Church Senators John McCain and Barack Obama, respective presumed Republican and Democratic presidential nominees, will end the primary season by making their first joint appearance.
* Brown issues Iran nuclear warning Britain is determined to prevent Iran developing nuclear arms
* Olmert: Agreement with PA by end of 2008 Prime Minister Ehud Olmert believes an agreement between the Palestinian Authority and Israel can be finalized by the end of the year.
* Mideast facing choice between crops and water Global food shortages have placed the Middle East and North Africa in a quandary.
* Syrian FM in Beirut, says determined to rebuild ties with Lebanon Visiting top diplomat meets with newly-elected Lebanese president, pledges Damascus sincere in its interest to establish diplomatic relations with Beirut
* World warned over killer flu pandemic The world is failing to guard against the inevitable spread of a devastating flu pandemic which could kill 50 million people.
* Obama meets Iraqi PM in Baghdad US Democratic presidential hopeful Barack Obama has met the Iraqi prime minister on his first visit to Baghdad as part of a major foreign tour.
* Sarkozy on EU mission to Dublin French President Nicolas Sarkozy has arrived in Dublin to discuss how to proceed after the Irish rejection of the Lisbon Treaty.
* Rice: Tired of Iran's stalling tactics US secretary of state slams accuses Tehran of not taking negotiations seriously, warns new sanctions may be forthcoming.