* Russia warns against attacking Iran Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov on Friday warned against the use of force on Iran.
* U.S. says exercise by Israel seemed directed at Iran Israel carried out a major military exercise earlier this month that American officials say appeared to be a rehearsal for a potential bombing attack on Iran's nuclear facilities.
* World population to hit 7 billion in 2012 The world's population will reach 7 billion in 2012, even as the global community struggles to satisfy its appetite for natural resources.
* Iran: We'll hit back with 'strong blow' Iran on Friday warned Israel it would retaliate to an attack with a "strong blow," after the New York Times reported that the IAF had conducted a drill.
* Czech threat looms for EU treaty EU leaders have admitted that the Czech Republic may not be able to ratify the Lisbon Treaty, which has already been rejected by the Irish.
* Hamas TV Teaches Youth to Kidnap IDF Soldiers While Gaza terrorists replenish their arms and ammunition during the temporary truce that began Thursday morning, Hamas TV is broadcasting a training video.
* Jerusalem officials to High Court: Gay parade desecrates holy city Jerusalem's mayor and city manager urged the High Court of Justice on Thursday to prevent the Gay Pride parade from taking place in the capital next Thursday.
* UN classifies rape a 'war tactic' The UN Security Council has voted unanimously in favour of a resolution classifying rape as a weapon of war.
* Ireland's Choice may Affect European Clout The affairs of Ireland would seem on the surface to have little to do with the Middle East.* Israel's Messianic Jews: Police indifferent to threats against us Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.