* 'Bush intends to attack Iran before the end of his term' US President George W. Bush intends to attack Iran in the upcoming months, before the end of his term.
* Iraqi forces enter Sadr's Baghdad bastion Iraq's army moved on Tuesday to take control of Baghdad's Sadr City.
* 'Iran's nuke program may spur arms race' Iran's disputed nuclear program has sent a wave of interest in atomic energy across the Middle East.
* ANALYSIS: In Gaza conflict, Iran's fingerprints are everywhere Anyone listening to the arguments of the Israeli leadership these days may get the impression that the Strip no longer tops the agenda.
* Russian envoy: Don't push Iran into a corner A nuclear Iran is as much "a nightmare" for Russia as it is for the US and Israel.
* Ethiopian millions 'risk hunger' Six million children in Ethiopia are at risk of acute malnutrition following the failure of rains.
* Opec says oil could hit $200 Opec’s president on Monday warned oil prices could hit $200 a barrel and there would be little the cartel could do to help.
* China earthquake toll tops 40,000 The death toll from last week's devastating earthquake in south-west China has risen to 40,075.
* Egyptian FM: US, Israeli tanks make Mideast unstable Egyptian Foreign Minister Ahmed Aboul Gheit expressed his frustration Monday over what he called a lack of political will to address the Palestinian-Israeli conflict.* Iranian clerics tell the president to leave the theology to them In his almost three years as president of Iran, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has been harshly criticized in the West.