* Abbas urges Arab, int'l forces to protect Palestinians from IDF Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas on Saturday called on Arab and international forces in the Palestinian territories to protect his people against Israeli attacks.
* Movie Portrays Islam as Violent and Bloodthirsty The long-awaited and controversial movie Fitna, which graphically portrays Islam as a religion seeking to dominate the world and slaughter non-believers, finally debuted on the internet on Thursday night.
* Hamas: We're developing new missiles "It is no secret that Hamas is enhancing its military capabilities, including the development of new missiles".
* EU foreign chiefs to debate future ties with Russia Just weeks before the new Russian president is sworn in, EU foreign ministers are meeting in Brdo, Slovenia.
* Top Arab leaders shun Damascus summit Top Arab leaders are boycotting this weekend's Arab summit in Damascus to protest Syria's hard-line stances in nearly every crisis in the Mideast.
* Muslims condemn Dutch lawmaker's film The Organization of the Islamic Conference on Friday added its voice to the growing criticism of a film released by a Dutch lawmaker.
* Minister: Israel trying to bring Syria to table Israel is trying to bring Syria back to the negotiating table, National Infrastructure Minister Binyamin Ben-Eliezer said.
* Middle East inflation soars As everyone keeps a close eye on the shifting state of the global money markets, inflation is an issue that continues to rear its head.
* Barak fears Hamas West Bank takeover Defense Minister Ehud Barak has warned the United States that gestures Israel is making to the Palestinians could ultimately backfire.* Turkey hits rebel targets in Iraq Turkey has been bombarding Kurdish rebel positions in northern Iraq with aircraft and artillery, the Turkish military has said.