* 'The entire country is in need of mercy' Thousands were at Merkaz Harav Yeshiva in Jerusalem Friday morning to eulogize the eight victims of the terror attack the night before.
* Hamas claims responsibility for J'lem shooting attack Hamas on Friday announced it was responsible for Thursday's shooting attack at the Mercaz Harav religious school in Jerusalem that killed eight people.
* UNSC fails to condemn J'lem shooting The UN Security Council failed to reach an agreement overnight Thursday on issuing an official condemnation over the deadly shooting attack.
* Strong euro sparks calls for boost of EU monetary institutions Days before an EU leaders' economic summit, calls for measures to tackle the rising strength of the euro are intensifying.
* Attack will be seen in Messianic terms While defense establishment officials sitting in the Kiriya military headquarters in Tel-Aviv ponder the diplomatic-security implications of last night's attack, a totally different analysis will be taking place this weekend.
* Talabani in Turkey for talks Jalal Talabani, Iraq's president, has begun his first official visit to Turkey, aimed at bolstering ties between the two countries.
* Iraqi cleric: Some followers have split Powerful Shiite cleric Muqtada al-Sadr explained why he has been absent from the public eye and acknowledged that some close followers have split from his movement.
* Gaza: Thousands celebrate Jerusalem attack Gaza's streets filled with joyous crowds of thousands on Thursday evening following the terror attack at a Jerusalem rabbinical seminary.
* Settlement construction declining New construction by Jews in Judea and Samaria has dropped more quickly than the national average.* US Iraq envoy plans to step down The US ambassador to Iraq, Ryan Crocker, has told the Washington Post newspaper that he intends to leave his post early next year, to retire.