* Nuclear report a victory - Iran Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has said that a US report on Tehran's nuclear program is a "great victory".
* CHANUKAH 2007 Chanukah ("dedication" in Hebrew) is celebrated this year from sunset this evening, Tuesday, 4 December until sunset on Wednesday, 12 December.
* Russia's Kremlin Sustains Control The Kremlin's party, United Russia, won a landslide victory in the Dec. 2 parliamentary elections.
* Ashkenazi: The IDF is prepared for a Gaza ground operation The IDF is prepared for a ground op in Gaza, but a decision on the matter depends on the political echelon.
* Gulf states urge peace with Iran Gulf leaders have ended their summit in Qatar reiterating their desire for a peaceful solution to the conflict over Iran's nuclear ambitions.
* China population to reach 1.5 billion by 2033 The population of China, already the world's most populous country despite its "one-child" policy, will grow to 1.5 billion people by 2033.
* Al Qaeda-linked Web sites number 5,600: researcher There are now about 5,600 Web sites spreading al Qaeda's ideology worldwide, and 900 more are appearing each year.
* Bush to visit Israel in January 2008 US President George W. Bush is expected to make his first visit to Israel as president in January.
* Rice at talks on Africa conflicts The US Secretary of State, Condoleezza Rice, is in the Ethiopian capital, Addis Ababa, for a series of meetings on some of Africa's worst conflicts.* EU prepares for early 2008 Kosovo independence The outgoing prime minister of Kosovo, Agim Ceku, has suggested that a declaration on the province's independence is planned for early next year.