* American Jewish Orgs.: Fatah Charter Calls to 'Eradicate' Israel The Conference of Presidents of Major American Jewish Organizations is deliberating a proposed statement calling on Palestinian Authority Chairman Mahmoud Abbas to change the Fatah charter.
* Mubarak: Syria will attend Annapolis Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak said on Tuesday he believed Syrian Foreign Minister Walid Moualem would attend the upcoming Annapolis peace conference.
* U.S. troops deploy new weapon in Iraq U.S. forces in Iraq are using a high-resolution, thermal/infrared sensor system that turns night into day.
* Putin: Russia will respond to NATO "muscle-flexing" near borders Russian President Vladimir Putin said Tuesday that Russia's decision to suspend its participation in a key arms control treaty was a necessary response to NATO "muscle-flexing" near its frontiers.
* Blair unveils Palestinian schemes The envoy of the Quartet of Middle East peace negotiators, Tony Blair, has announced a series of economic projects to help boost the Palestinian economy.
* 'Joint statement has been drafted' Agreement has been reached on a draft for a joint Israel-Palestinian statement ahead of the Annapolis conference.
* Venezuela's Chavez visits Iran Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez made his fourth trip to Iran in two years on Monday.
* Musharraf 'to quit army by end of the week' President Musharraf of Pakistan has decided to resign as Army chief by the end of the week, it emerged today.
* Former guerilla leader wins Kosovo elections Former Kosovar guerrilla leader Hashim Thaci's Democratic Party of Kosovo (PDK) won the legislative elections.* Earthquake felt across Israel Two earthquakes, measuring 3 and 4.2 on the Richter scale, were felt across Israel on Tuesday morning.