* Hamas: Terrible surprises await IDF should they invade Gaza Many terrible surprises await the IDF should Israel launch a wide-scale operation in the Gaza Strip.
* Arafat mausoleum opened by Abbas Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas has unveiled a mausoleum to former Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat in the West Bank town of Ramallah.
* Report: Israel-Syria summit in 2008 At the beginning of 2008 there will be another international conference similar to the one which will take place in Annapolis in the coming weeks.
* Turkey approves building nuclear plants Turkey's parliament approved a bill Friday allowing for the construction of nuclear power plants in the country, despite opposition from environmental groups.
* Malki: PA won't disband terror groups Palestinian Authority Information Minister Riad Malki denied late Friday reports circulated by Israeli sources that Palestinian negotiators had agreed in a meeting with Israeli representatives.
* Abbas: Israel reneging on its promises Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas called US Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice to update her on preparations for a US-hosted Mideast conference.
* EU economy strong, but clouds gathering, Almunia warns Recent financial turmoil, the US economic slowdown and soaring oil prices are taking their toll on the EU economy.
* Defiant Bhutto vows more protests Benazir Bhutto has vowed to go ahead with a planned rally next week to protest against the emergency rule imposed by General Pervez Musharraf.
* 'Israel and US sharing intel on Iran' An Israeli team headed by Transportation Minister Shaul Mofaz met Thursday with a US team headed by Under Secretary of State Nicholas Burns.* Lebanon postpones presidential poll Lebanon's presidential election has been postponed from November 12 to November 21.